Monday, January 16, 2012

Book Rails from Old Weathered Wood

I should start by telling y'all that Ana White has the most amazing plans and tutorials for the home. These book rails were inspired by the book rails that she has in her daughter's room:

Nursery Room Book Shelves from $10 Ledge Plan

Aren't they adorable?! Ana has great plans!

We had this weird thing by our front door when we moved in, it was wooden and had ivy all over it. I don't think that I have a photo of that crazy weird thing. Really, it scared me since I always imagined someone hiding behind it when I get home... so we tore it down, took it apart, and had the wood sitting on the side of our house for over a year. Weathering to perfection. Last week we turned them into these book rails, and I'm in love!


It makes our tiny hallway look way larger and it is so functional. Finally we have space to put all of our books in one family library!

Do you have books all over your house or a family library?


No comments:

Post a Comment