Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thrifty Organization Solution for the small stuff...

Now, I need to let you know that I might be a little too excited about this storage solution!!


I have some make up that I use every day and then some for back up and some for special occasions, you know, different eye shadow colors and different kinds of eyeliners. The makeup that I use daily lives in the top drawer of the master bathroom, right next to my tooth brush... All of the other makeup was in a really cool roll up bag (from Mary Kay), but was adding to the clutter feeling in our space. I have been overhauling this house this past week and although Target has had an incredible sale on storage solutions, I keep finding little things that I want to change spur the moment. I have got to put a limit on spending somewhere! Today, I came up with a very simple and thrifty storage solution for all of this extra makeup from things that I already had! Love it when that happens!!



I had these blue paper cups left over from Preston's first birthday party, and empty plastic shoe box and an empty tea box from some raspberry tea we just finished drinking. Look how nicely it all fits! Everything has its own place in a little cubby :)


The lid snaps on just right with those eyeliner pencils laying down in the tea box. I don't have it pictured here, but I also have two bottles of perfume that I put in the middle of the box, this keeps my cups from sliding around. You could use tape on the bottom of the cups if you wanted.


Now this spare/excess/special occasion makeup has its own space and lives snuggly in the cabinet of the master bathroom, and I didn't spend a dime!

What is a clutter creator in your bathroom?

I linked up to A Bowl Full of Lemons!

1 comment: